TOP TEN Most Interesting Faces of 2009December 15, 2009
We asked members of the International Society of Caricature Artists for their professional opinion as to which famous people had the most interesting faces to draw in 2009. Several lists of famous names were submitted by the end of November. The ISCA board compiled those lists and discussed who should make the final cut. Members donated one of their existing pieces or created a new one just for this special, year- end list.
- Nancy Pelosi - The U.S. Speaker of the House isnít liked by
too many conservatives in D.C. or around the country. Her face has
become their poster child for all things liberal.
- Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger - Heroic American airline pilot. His
actions say, "competent and heroic". His facial features say, "Mr.
Drucker from Petticoat Junction".
- Kim Jong Il - Supreme Leader of North Korea. Such a timeless
face. No matter how heís drawn, itís always the same gray coat and
over- sized glasses. Itís as though he is perpetually posing for a
- Herman Van Rompuy - future President of the European Council
and former Prime Minister of Belgium. Such a delightful face to
exaggerate. You expect him to talk like Yoda or be the mayor of
Who- ville, one or the other.
- Bernard Madoff - Ponzi scheme champ who was responsible
for probably the largest investment fraud in Wall Street history.
A notorious figure w ith a kind face, which makes you believe
you can trust him to handle your taxes. Bad idea.
- Michael Jackson - The late pop- star may be the all-time leader
in celebrity caricatures. You couldnít pass a street artist or news
stand without seeing an exaggerated likeness of Michaelís unique
mug through the years. Like Elvis, his likeness in caricature may live
on though the end of time.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Re- elected leader of Iran with a face
that proves that sometimes you can look just as crazy as you act.
- Barack Obama - Finally, a presidentís face without beady eyes
or jowls. Plus we still get the large ears to draw!
- Susan Boyle - She won the worldís hearts with a musical voice
like an angel and a face that was perfect for radio...and caricature
- Rod Blagojevich - The notorious former governor of Illinois was
ISCAís top choice this year for interesting faces. How can an artist
NOT want to draw that hair? Plus he has the face of a Cabbage
For full-res images or more information, contact ISCA president, Robert Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-652-8910.